Saturday, September 17, 2005

My b'day party is approaching...(hooray!)

Here's me and X on my name-day (23rd of past April)


Well my birthday is just around the corner (21st of September) and this year I decided to throw my established party on the Saturday preceeding my actual birthday. That's why tonight is my big day.

My preparationĪƒ started yesterady when I was preparing the desserts. I did a little blog-search and found some good (???) recipes for a panna cotta (italian for cooked creme) with strawberry coulis and a creme brulee. As far as my birthday cake is concerned, the chef of Septem restaurant has been put in charge of takening care of it. I just gave him the number of my guests and my craving for chocolate hazelnut (praline). Tonight me and my guests will test and give our verdict on my sweets and of course Jean-Yves Carattoni's cake (which is definately going to be a success, he's a genious).

When I wake up (it's 2:30 in the morning right now) I will go shopping for the savoury part of my party. I'm thinking of making a 'flower' pizza, potatoes au gratin or a potato tart with mushrooms, chicken mixed with veggies, shrimp noodles, 'tower' aubergines and something last that I still have to figure out.

In the following day I will come back with photos from the event, the food and the comments of my guest. Until then wish me luck for my preparations (I always end up showing up later than my guests in my own house!!!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home