Thursday, January 26, 2006

Falling Cloudberries: Yes, I do believe in magic!

I really feel of going back to my trip in London and write about one of the most valuable things I bought over there. While stroling inside Waterstone's I was looking for a good recipe book. Although I shouldn't judge from the cover, this time I think I did the right thing.

Falling Cloudberries by Tessa Kiros is more than a recipe book. It is a journal (a blog if you have already forgotten the word 'journal') of how different coultures can be so harmonically fitted within a book full of smells, images...small miracles in general.

The book contains basic recipes from Finland, Greece, Cyprus, South Africa & Italy, places that the author has origins in. Everything, even the simplest thing, is presented as a small masterpiece.

Since I am Greek, I could judge for the originality and the ingeniuty of the Greek & Cyprian (both family countries) recipes. I can assure you thatthey are presented as close to the tradition as possible.

Falling Cloudberries is a book that you will place it on shelf but you will go back to over and over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home