Monday, September 26, 2005

Praline Ice Cream: May I have mooooore?

Ice cream was/is/will be my ultimate weakness. I just cannot live without eating (at least) once a weak a few (I won't tell how many) scoops of deliciously mouth-melting ice cream. I just can't. Even if I'm on a diet, eating ice cream will never be restricted.

All these feelings can be traced back to my early childhood. When me and my sister where little kids, my parents wouldn't want to spoil us and we were only allowed to eat ice cream every other day. One day ice cream was allowed (heaven) and the other was not (hell). I remember eating my ice cream and once it was all in my stomach I used to get sad cause I would have to wait for another two days until the next ice cream. The day that we weren't allowed to eat ice cream we both felt that everything around us was meaningless and the only thing that mattered was the eve of the following day that we would eat our favourite dessert once again. At the end of the summer we would have summed up all our ice creams we had eaten and we would compare this number with our friends. As you can imagine I was the kid with the less eaten ice creams during the summer :(

Let's come back to the present. This weekend I was at X's country house and we knew that time won't go by if we couldn't have something refreshing to cheer us up (excuses!). That's why I dropped the idea of buying all the ingredients needed to make our own home-made ice cream. After a quick brainstorming we ended up on three flavours: dark chocolate sorbet, milk chocolate & cookies and chocolate praline with gaufrettes. Yes, we are both chocoholics.

I really wanted you to be there to taste this magical combinations but I will be kind enough to give you my recipes.

Let's start with the chocolote sorbet.

CHOCOLATE SORBET
2 cups water
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
250 gr dark chocolate.
1 little pot of vanille

Pour water and sugar on a saucepan and bring to boil. Add the cocoa and the chocolate (broken to pieces). Stir until the mixture becames a little bit thick. Remove from the stove and let it cool. Pour it on a metal container and put it in the freezer. Remove the container from the freezer every hour, for the first 2-3 hours, stir well and put it back into the freezer. This will help it stay smooth. Let it there overnight.


CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM (GENERAL RECIPE)
2 cups cream
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
800-900 gr (milk) chocolate
2 little pots of vanille

Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan, let it until it gets a little bit thick and then:

1)Add 3 big spoons of Nutella and a pack of gauffrettes to make the chocolate praline au gaufrette flavour (devilish!) or
2)Add a box of soft cookes chopped to small pieces for the chocolate & cookies flavour.

Let it cool and follow the same procedure for freezing as the one mentioned for the chocolate sorbet. The ice cream is ready to enjoy.

Be warned: Try to enjoy your ice cream now cause you'll never know when your next one will come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home