Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Tuesday Movie Night: Crash (2004)

X did it again. She convinced me to go out on a Tuesday night!

Ok, let's take things from the very beginning. As I returned back home from work yesterday, had my lunch (fish & courgettes btw) I found the most magical moment of the whole day to get some rest. I had no plans for the evening and the grey skies where pushing me to bed. But no! X wasn't feeling that way. She had already made her plans and she couldn't accept my excuse for some rest. I enforced my will and courage, dragged myself out of bed and got ready to pick her up. Her smile and hug convinced me that I had made the right choice.

Anyway, once we arrived at the box office we were both sure that we wanted something complicated to watch and not something 'light'. Crash came as the sole option of the theatre's available movies.

PLOT
The film is a skeleton of stories, where people living in the US are exposed to their opinion and feelings regarding racism. Life, in one way or another, brings them in a combat with their fears and reinforces or completely changes their way of thinking.

CRASH is a very well made movie based on characters (and not on a strict plot with a beginning, a middle part and an ending) and let's us understand how people react on their individual life experiences regarding racial differences.

Both myself and X enjoyed it and we both agreed that the film deserved its existence. It is the kind of films that helps you receive messages and lets you judge for yourself if they are correct or false. And I highly recommend anyone who has an opinion on the issue to go and watch this film.

Verdict: Definately one of the best movies of 2005
Rating:****/5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home